Saturday 19 February 2011

Surrounded by boxes

That's it, it's all over. I've done my last in-call from my lovely Chester City Centre apartment, and I'm officially taking a week's break to move, rest and recharge my batteries. I should be pleased and excited about new opportunities opening up, except right now I'm feeling rather depressed. The reason for this is I'm totally surrounded by boxes.

I started this post while I was still in my old apartment and my move had been delayed after I was let down by a couple of people.  I'm pleased to say I have now, finally, completely moved all my things out and handed the keys back. I've moved into my new house, which I won't be using for work and can enjoy the last few days of my break without quite so much stress.
The only trouble is I'm still totally surrounded by boxes! For one reason or another I've been unable to start unpacking all my stuff (of which I have, of course, got far too much) and I can't even get to my bed to sleep in it, let alone dress it beautifully in luxury bedding. Oh how I long to be unpacked and settled.

Another thing I long for is my broadband connection to be installed in my new home. Unfortunately I've got to wait a whole month until they send an engineer round to do what needs to be done. I've bought a dongle but it's totally useless most of the time - I'm having to wait until after 2am just to get a connection speed akin to dial-up and I feel like I'm missing an arm. I'll have to buy one from a different company and hope that works better. The only advantage I can see with this particular company is you don't have to register to view adult websites - I seem to remember the last time I used a dongle I had to register giving, my credit card details, just to view my own site.

Oh well, time to stop moaning and start moving boxes - unless I want to spend another uncomfortable night sleeping on the sofa.

No comments:

Post a Comment