Sunday 27 February 2011

My rates increase (now edited)

Please note, while the contents of this blog were true at the time, things no longer stand as descibed below. For a full account of the sitution to date please see the next two blog entries

 If you've visited my site recently you'll have noticed I've increased my rates http://chloeofchester.co.uk/donations. Now I know you're thinking "money grabbing cow" so I'm taking this opportunity to explain my reasons for doing so, I just hope you'll hear me out. 

The increase in my rates is due entirely to the changes in my circumstances of late. As you'll know if you read this blog or visit my site I no longer have an apartment from which to offer in-calls, and am spending most of my time touring. Needless to say my expenses have gone over the roof, far more so than I could ever hope to cover even with an increase in rates.
Money's not everything and I am far happier not working from home, getting out of Chester and seeing different cities. The actual deciding factor is my upcoming tour to London, where the cost of living is so much greater than it is in the North. I'm actually charging the same as I did when I worked, very successfully, in London 2 - 3 years ago. Fingers crossed it works again. The service is definitely superior to the one in those days - which I can tell by comparing Punternet reviews (no point in looking, I used to work under a different name.)

Now, while an increase may be explainable in London, in Chester it's a different matter. Again let me explain my reasoning. I started off saying no Chester in-calls are available at all. This did not seem to stop requests, and many people expressed their disappointment. So I had a rethink. I decided I could manage a very limited number of Chester in-calls but obviously no where near as easily. Therefore the increase in price reflects demand outstripping supply, the fact I'm discouraging in-calls in the area  and my incurred expenses in arranging accommodation.

Please not the new rates do not apply to York where my old ones are fine. They do apply to Chester, London and Oxford.
Now I just have the mammoth task of tracking down all the directory listings that give my rates and altering them as well.

Right, after all that I feel some new pics are required!




No comments:

Post a Comment